Une Larme Dans L'Ocean

 Une Larme Dans L'Ocean

Une larme dans l’ocean

My Grandfather 

Taught me to speak French.

Translates to,

A teardrop in the Ocean

Another Grandparent lost

to 2020.


My Grandpa took me to museums

The Exploratorium 

Modern Museum of Art

Taught me how imagination

Can spark an idea

That can change the world.


We went to the first 

Cirque du Soleil

In a fantastical tent 

in San Jose

Magic before 

my Five year old eyes.

He made sure this child

Of teenage parents 

Saw beauty in the world

That couldn’t be seen from outside

Her window looking out to the fields

Where migrants picked strawberries

And smells from a tallow plant

Permeated the air.



My Grandpa taught me 

to be proud of who I am.

Embrace my truth,

Speak truth to power,

In the darkest hour.

We fall like shooting stars

Disintegrating 

from great heights.

Raindrops in a bucket

Held and collected

Water molecules connected

Rippling from the energy

Of every new drop. 

The sound of rain

Tapping back into itself

Drums its way to my soul

Une larme dans l’ocean. 

written January 30, 2021

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Russian Doll Theory

My Darling Son, Shine