Raindrops

 Raindrops


Raindrops fall to the Earth

Mirroring my tears.

So many Grandparents and Elders

Lost in one year. 

Collective grief 

in isolation.

With loved ones dying.

In overflowing ICUs.

I. See. You. 

Even though I can’t.

We are forced to grieve alone.

In bed and in our fuzzy pajamas

To bring us comfort

In the collapse.

The rain reminds us 

That God cries too.

At least that’s what we were told

When we were children

Walking home in waist high water

or playing in puddles

either way we were left seeking 

the warmth of home.


My tears fall for my grandfather.

Grateful I got to say my Goodbyes.

Held his soft fragile hand in mine

Locked all the details

In my mind 

Gave him one last hug

Blanketing him with love

To take on his journey above.

Raindrops fall to the Earth. 



written on January 2, 2021


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Russian Doll Theory

My Darling Son, Shine